Spring To Do List For Your Magnolia TX Home
For much of the country, winter woes are forgotten as the literal “greening of America” begins, and warmer weather, blossoming trees, chirping birds, and colorful flowers signal a time of rebirth and renewal. Life is good…
…and demanding. Spring requires much of the owner of Magnolia TX real estate, and home maintenance checklists remind the often-harried proprietor that it’s time to inspect the roof, repair the deck, check for cracks in concrete, repaint exterior trim, recondition lawn mowers, grills, and garden tools, and refurbish outdoor furniture.
Not quite ready to tackle such large, time-consuming chores? Consider, then, easing into the requisite real estate readiness activities by initially taking on smaller, non-time-consuming tasks that generate a feeling of accomplishment while providing a gradual transition into the big jobs.
Granted, the majority of these items are for the interior of your home, but they’re important, too, and a far cry from the annual rug-beating, wall-scouring spring cleaning of yesteryear.
A sample of the” start-off-small” responsibilities includes the following:
- Shut off the water to the washing machine, remove the water supply hoses and examine them and the washers. Replace worn and damaged ones.
- Dust ceiling fan blades.
- Change or washing bathroom shower curtain liners.
- Test the pressure and temperature relief valve on the water heater by opening it and allowing some water to flow out. If little or no water flows out or it doesn’t shut off, replace it. Bad valves can cause explosions.
- Clean the garbage disposal. Grind two trays of ice cubes made from a mixture of one cup white vinegar to one gallon of water.
- Check fire extinguishers to make sure they are not outdated, have lost pressure, or are damaged.
- Move throw rugs, mats, and area carpets and clean underneath them.
- Remove mineral deposits from faucets and shower heads.
- Thoroughly clean the refrigerator—one section at a time. After six or seven mini-sessions, the entire job will be complete.
Finished? Ready to take on tasks requiring a bit more time, know-how, and energy but guaranteed to bring peace of mind and the satisfaction of having a home that is well-maintained? Check out Princeton Online for monthly suggestions.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.