Appealing To Generation Y Buyers
When you put your home on the market to sell, you should know that the next owner will likely be younger than you are. That’s why you should stop thinking about what you like or want in a home and start thinking about what the most-likely purchaser will want.
And the odds are that the potential buyer of your Magnolia TX real estate will be a member of Generation Y, those who are now 18 to 34 (also referred to as the Millennials). A new study from Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC revealed that about one in four married couples between the ages of 18 to 34 purchased their first home together before their wedding date and 35 percent of all married couples purchased their first home together by their second wedding anniversary.
In addition, a Better Homes and Gardens poll indicates that about 75 percent of that age group recognize the value of homeownership, are looking forward to it, and consider it an indicator of success. To capitalize on that philosophy, your piece of Magnolia TX real estate needs to:
1. assuage their fears about maintaining an older home and
2. showcase the features that have most appeal to young couples and families. To do so, consider following these eight tips before you put your Magnolia TX real estate on the market:
- Schedule a general home inspection to eliminate unpleasant surprises at a later date and provide peace of mind to potential buyers.
- Offer a home warranty that cover repairs for the systems (electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling) and appliances in the home for the first year.
- Make your home appear as light as possible by using bright light bulbs, hanging lightweight and airy window treatments, cleaning all windows, and updating light fixtures. Give serious thought, also, to trimming shrubs and foliage around windows, taking up old carpet from hardwood floors, and removing dark, heavy furniture.
- Embrace neutral colors. If your target demographic is “young professional” or “young family,” try using warm grays or earth tones as neutral wall colors. Note: white walls are “out.”
- Update your kitchen, if possible. Remember that on the current “most popular” list are white/off-white cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and stone countertops.
- Stress location advantages in your marketing material. Include info on schools, restaurants, parks, shopping, nearby commuter routes or public transportation, swimming pools, tennis courts, a gym, and neighborhood ambience.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.