6 Ways to Sell Your Magnolia TX Home Quickly
If you’re looking to sell your Magnolia TX home in today’s real estate market, you have most likely already read numerous articles advising you to set a realistic price, pay attention to curb appeal, thoroughly clean and de-clutter, remove large pieces of furniture, repaint in neutral colors, remove personal mementos, and the like. All of this information is valid and useful, but there are other, less-publicized ways to appeal to potential buyers. Read on for some creative tips on how to generate interest and get the best price possible.
- Arrange for a pre-listing home inspection. In addition to facilitating the sale of your Magnolia TX home by reassuring potential buyers, an inspection helps you comply with full-disclosure real estate laws. You can also have a termite inspection done.
- Use online venues and your personal networks to market your house. Put an ad on Craigslist, use sites like Zillow.com or Trulia.com, get your own URL with the house’s address, promote the house through social media like Facebook and Twitter, and send out a copy of your listing to people on your email list. Sometimes word of mouth is one of the best ways to market a house.
- Replace all brass fixtures. Today’s buyers dislike this “cheap” look that may have been fashionable a couple of decades ago, but it has to go if it’s in your Magnolia TX home today. Switch out each light fixture, switch plate, door hinge, knob, and faucet with for ones with a modern oil-rubbed bronze or nickel finish.
- Add power outlets with USB ports in rooms that lack them, especially in the kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms where they’re most needed. Also, find a place for a wireless router for use with the Internet and flat-screen TVs.
- Offer more unusual incentives. Paying a buyer’s closing costs, taking care of HOA fees for the first year, giving a “redecorating” credit, or providing a home warranty for a set time period have become almost expected perks, but you can consider landscaping services, personalized gift certificates (home supply store or a plant nursery, e.g.) or a flexible closing date.
- For equally effective, but more expensive buyer magnets, look into outfitting closets for extra storage (top contenders are an entry closet, a kitchen pantry, and a linen closet) or removing much-maligned “popcorn” ceilings. Click here for DIY instructions or get estimates from a professional.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.