How To Get An Accurate Appraisal On Your Magnolia TX Home
Before lenders will loan money to someone who wants to purchase your Magnolia TX home, they will require a certified appraisal to determine its value in the current market. Appraisers take into account a dwelling’s condition and features and compare it to similar properties for sale in the same area. Although you as an owner cannot control the real estate market, you can take steps to ensure an accurate appraisal.
- Become informed about your local real estate market to help you better understand the results of your Magnolia TX home appraisal and make educated decisions about possible home improvement projects. Be realistic about the value of your home.
- Prepare your home, both inside and out, to make the best impression possible. Curb appeal, uncluttered spaces, clean windows and closets, and attention to small repairs (torn window screens, dripping faucets, running toilets, missing trim, broken door handles, etc) will go a long way in making a good impression on the appraiser and provide evidence of a well-maintained house.
- Make updates and home improvements before the real estate appraisal. If you are already planning to replace old, stained carpet in your Magnolia TX home, do so now. The same is true of any other major update such as replacing an old appliance or repairing or replacing a roof.
- Don’t get greedy. Strong demand for homes is resulting in multiple offers, and some properties are being bid up so high that they won’t appraise, real estate agents say. Cash buyers typically don’t request appraisals, but banks require them so that they don’t lend more money than a home is worth. In accepting a bid from a buyer needing financing, you would be wise to consider whether the offer will match the probable appraised value.
- Provide information about your house, including updates, renovations, and comparable sales (although your appraiser has access to neighborhood sales information, it’s a good idea to supply him or her with any additional information you may have about why houses in your area sold for the prices they did.) You can compile a report that includes amenities within the development, the dates of major work done on the kitchen, bathrooms and roof, and any square footage added. You may also point out a favorable location within a community and any other characteristics that distinguish it from other nearby homes.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.