What’s Cooking? Latest Kitchen Trends
Long recognized as the heart of the home and as a key factor in the sale of a Magnolia TX home, a kitchen plays an important role in our daily lives. It makes sense, then, that as our lifestyles change, so do the design and features of our kitchens. Read on for the latest trends in updates.
- Cabinets: Non-traditional woods have become popular, and gone are the days of cherry and maple. Alder, birch, oak, walnut, and bamboo are the new norms for cabinetry in your Magnolia TX home. Among painted cabinetry, still the most popular choice, white continues to be the most preferred option, and the demand for a distressed look is on the rise. There is also a move to darker tones in wood finishes. Another trend gaining popularity is the two-toned cabinet color scheme, generally seen with darker lower cabinets and lighter higher ones.
- Lighting: LED lighting is a strong trend taking hold in kitchens across the country, and experts agree that the most effective lighting design for the kitchen involves four layers blended together: task, ambient, accent and decorative lighting.
- Tiles: The variety of tiles available to those updating their Magnolia TX homes is almost beyond belief! Modern tile designs look like works of art, adding elegance and beauty and bringing stylish textures, natural materials, and rich colors into today’s kitchen décor. Glass tiles, especially those that are back-painted, are quite popular for backsplashes, while natural stone, brick, and wood-like tile designs add interesting textures to walls. Other popular backsplash materials are granite quartz. The popularity of these materials as backsplashes is due to their high use as countertop materials. Finishing off a granite or quartz countertop with a matching backsplash is quite common.
- Countertops: Although granite, marble, and quartz are still popular choices, zinc, bamboo, and recycled glass are noteworthy newcomers. New and improved laminates are also making a comeback.
- Color: With the era of stainless steel or black appliances come matching paint colors in many shades of grey, and green is another currently popular selection. However, this year’s trends in kitchen paint colors are designed to make the kitchen in your Magnolia TX home “stand out” and be the room where everyone wants to be, so choose whatever color makes you happy.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.