Holiday Safety For Your Magnolia TX Real Estate
A familiar seasonal scene is one in which family and friends sit around a blazing fire with a brightly lighted tree, stockings hung from the mantel, and colorfully wrapped gifts adding to the cozy and festive atmosphere of your Magnolia TX real estate. A setting lovely to imagine–and to experience–but also, one which requires safety precautions. Holiday fires claim the lives of more than 400 Americans each year, and approximately 3 people per hour are treated in an emergency room for seasonal injuries.
At this time of year when lists play such a large role in our lives, it is also necessary to revisit a safety checklist to ensure an accident-free holiday for your family, guests, and even your pets. The U.S. Fire Administration offers these suggestions:
- Inspect lights for damage and link no more than 3 strands together. Use only UL approved and follow directions. Beware of overloading outlets.
- Don’t leave on when you’re not home.
- If you prefer a live tree, make certain it is fresh when you buy it and water, water, water!
- Use non-flammable or flame retardant decorations
- Never leave lighted candles unattended, near combustible materials, or within reach of children or pets. Make certain to extinguish them before retiring for the night.
- Place the tree in your Magnolia TX real estate at least 3 feet away from the fireplace.
- Keep a screen in front of the fire to prevent flying sparks.
- Remove stockings hung with care when the fireplace is in use.
- Never burn wrapping paper in your fireplace and risk a flash fire.
- When entertaining friends at your Magnolia TX real estate, be certain that you have childproofed your home–not just to protect breakables but also to protect young ones.
- Make sure that outside walkways and steps are well lighted.
- Use nightlights in hallways and bathrooms.
- Add non-slip mats in your tub and shower–and possibly grab bars for the older set.
- Avoid feeding the cats or dogs which also reside in your Magnolia TX real estate food such as rich and fatty fowl meat, onions, grapes, raisins, or chocolate.
- Do not give animals turkey bones as they will splinter and cause great damage.
- Keep all trash out of reach. Better yet, take it outside frequently.
Got all that? If so, relax and enjoy the season!
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.