Buying or Selling Magnolia TX Real Estate During the Holidays
Traditionally, both sellers of Magnolia TX real estate and those looking to purchase a home have avoided doing so during the winter months, especial in December. Because the last month of the year is a time of many religious, social, and cultural celebrations, most people feel they are too busy to deal with real estate matters and/or are convinced that the market is pretty much dormant until at least early spring. Not so, say many Realtors! Not only do many folks have vacation time in December and are thus free to house shop, but the slower months are often the ones where buyers are really serious and prices have been reduced.
According to Lendingtree there are five strong reasons to buy Magnolia TX real estate during this season:
- Lower prices. Because many people are too busy to house hunt now, the slackening of demand is reflected in softer house prices.
- Less competition. With fewer active house-hunters out there, you are unlikely to end up in a bidding war, and sellers will be willing to negotiate.
- Favorable mortgage terms. Because there is less demand for mortgage money during the holiday season, lenders may be willing to shave a few basis points off the interest rate or to forgo some of their fees in order to get your business.
- Tax deduction. If you close on or before December 31, you are likely to be eligible to deduct the interest component of your first monthly mortgage payment and any money you paid for points from your taxable income for this year.
If you’re a seller, check out Realtor.om for a long list of reasons that support their belief that December is a good time to sell your Magnolia TX real estate. Some of their arguments include:
- Less competition. People who look at your home over the holidays are serious buyers who have fewer homes from which to choose.
- Business moves. January is traditionallya month where employers have to move so they can’t wait until spring. They have to buy now– you’re there to capture that market.
- Advantage for you. By selling now, you have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer for next year when houses are less and you’ll have more opportunities and properties to choose from.
- Timing. Many potential buyers want to settle before the end of the year for tax reasons.
Whether you are new to the Magnolia Texas real estate market, thinking of moving up, or you’re an experienced investor, Pam Sitterly has the expertise, proven track record, and resources to help you buy Magnolia TX real estate for sale or market Magnolia TX homes for sale. Enthusiasm, knowledge of the area and personal concern for her client’s interests combine to make Pam an outstanding resource for your real estate transactions.
Pam works extensively to help Buyers and Sellers meet their Magnolia Texas real estate goals. For more information about buying or selling your Magnolia TX home, please call Pam at 281-723-0324 or via email with this convenient contact form.